There are many positive lifestyle benefits that stem from hot tub ownership. First and foremost, the relaxation and enjoyment derived from a good soak, and second, the boon to health and wellness.
From a physiotherapy standpoint, a Jacuzzi® Hot Tub is in fact the perfect spot for regular exercise. As a low-impact environment, water hot tub workouts provide a great way for individuals to combine the therapeutic benefits of water with regular exercise.
Here are a few key ways to capitalize on a water-based exercise routine.
1. Water Aerobics
Cardio-focused moves such as water aerobics offer a way to work with water’s natural resistance will still get your heart rate up.
- For a hot tub, consider sitting on the edge of the seat and pedaling as if you were riding an underwater bicycle.
- Keep both legs underwater and alternate speeds for rounds to customize your workout.
2. Lower Body Workouts
Both leg and hip lifts can be performed in a hot tub to help strengthen your lower body.
- To do so, stand in your spa and lean against the wall for support.
- Then, gently extend your leg out to the side and bring your knee up to your chest, and back out.
- Repeat these movements to improve balance, build supportive back muscles, and mitigate the risk of injury.
3. Upper Body Workouts
- You can always mix up your upper body routine by adding in light weights or doing arm circles from a standing position.
- Depending on your target area and the size of your hot tub, you can build shoulder and tricep muscles by performing arm circles and extensions empty-handed or with light weights.
- Customize according to your needs.
Water can be a great way to help your muscles before and after a workout.
- After a few minutes of soaking, conduct a few stretches in the hot water to keep your body limber and flexible.
- Stretching inside the water of your spa can prove to be a more comfortable experience than on dry land.
- After a few minutes of relaxing in the water, your muscles will be warmed up and more relaxed.
- This will make your stretches easier to do and eases the tension, helping you to stretch further and with more ease.
Hot Tubs & Swim Spas for Sale in Scottsdale, Arizona
Is it time to bring aquatic hot tub workouts to your backyard living space?
Contact our team of experts at Imagine Backyard Living in Scottsdale, Arizona.
We can help you explore our wide selection of hot tubs and swim spas for sale, from some of the leading brands from around the world.
The Hot Tub, Swim Spa & Sauna Brands We Stand Behind
We carry the following brands of hot tubs, swim spas, and even infrared saunas:
For more information about bringing your home and backyard space to life, visit our blog and online resource center. There, you will find an abundance of articles with tons of information about our spas and saunas. From working out in your hot tub or swim spa, to the invigorating health benefits of spending time inside an infrared sauna, and more.