Why Buying a Hot Tub or Swim Spa from a “Spa Show” Is Probably Not a Good Idea
We have learned from many customers about the danger of buying a hot tub or swim spa from a falsely advertised Show. At Imagine Backyard Living, we are dedicated to understanding what’s important to our consumers so we can better communicate the pitfalls of buying a hot tub or swim spa at a so called “Spa Show”.
Here is what we have learned:
- These type “shows” are typically a single retailer trying to give the impression there is a show going on that will feature several different brands so you can shop and learn about them in one place. There is nothing further from the truth. They only have the brands they offer. If the will mislead you about this, what else will they mislead you about?
- Do not make any sort of major deposit as a down payment. If you do make a down payment, make the amount very small and use a credit card. Get in writing that the exhibitor will give you the right to cancel with a full refund if you change your mind. Do not buy if you don’t have this option.
- Many companies hire professional sales teams that are accustomed to pressuring people to buy at these fake shows. Oftentimes these high-pressure tactics lead to impulse purchases and significant buyer’s remorse because of the long term dissatisfaction and performance of the product.
- Make sure the brand is recognizable and has been around a long time. Reputable brands like Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, Sundance Spas and Hydropool Swim Spas wont allow their products to be sold in this type of environment or under these false advertising tricks.
- Feel the quality of the acrylic shell. Can you flex it with your fingers? Get in the tub and stand in the center. Does move and flex when you stand on it? If so, you are asking for trouble down the road.
- Test soak before you buy. Taking a test soak is the most critical step in making a good decision. You are investing in a hot tub for the quality of the hydrotherapy experience and what it does for you. Don’t get caught up in all the talk about whats under the cabinet-it’s all a sales tricks to confuse you.
- Lots of jets and high horsepower pumps do not equal great hydrotherapy and will mean higher energy costs and costly repairs down the road.
- Look at the location and the people behind the company. Do they have staying power or could they pack up and be gone leaving you with an expensive box of water that does not provide you the hydrotherapy experience you deserve.
As always, be aware of any business that will mislead you and trick you into coming to an old gas station or parking lot type environment for a fake show.
Visit or contact us anytime for questions and a thorough tour of all that Imagine Backyard Living and the Jacuzzi brands have to offer!