It’s that time of year again! Another Spa Expo is being advertised on TV. Claiming major brands will be represented and at huge discounts. In fact, they really only have one manufacturer’s products on display and the “sale” prices are nothing special. Especially considering the quality, performance, and longevity of the product. If companies like this will blatantly mislead you with advertising tactics, what else will they lie to you about?
Buying a Backyard Spa at an Expo? What to Know Before You Buy
Here are some important things to consider before you buy at a Spa Expo:
- Don’t be fooled by misleading advertising tactics. Quality brands and manufacturers will not allow dealers to misrepresent themselves this way.
- Check Google for reviews on the products, the manufacturer and the dealer (if the dealer exists) before you buy. It’s easy to Google reviews right on your phone.
- Be aware of high pressure, highly skilled salespeople trying to convince you to buy now. These salespeople travel from town to town doing these Expos and have been trained to pressure you to buy now. This is a major investment in your health and wellness, and you should take your time to research. Learn about the benefits of quality brands and hydrotherapy before making a decision.
- If you decide the product is right for you, make a small deposit with a credit card and demand they give you at least 5 business days to cancel with a full refund. This will give you time to research them and the other products available in the market so you can be sure you made the right decision. If they won’t do this, do not buy from them.
- Always get everything in writing.
- This is a big investment that can quickly go bad and it’s not something that is easy to return when you realize you have made a mistake, especially when the company leaves town after the event.
- Don’t get tricked by sales tactics trying to confuse you about what’s under the cabinet. The reason you are investing in a hot tub is for quality hydrotherapy. Lots of pumps and jets simply do not provide a quality hydrotherapy experience. In fact, these things will only lead to higher energy bills and bigger repair costs down the road.
- Try before you buy! Get in the water and test the hydrotherapy for yourself. If they don’t have a private area for you to take a test soak, it’s probably because they don’t want you to experience the hydrotherapy.
- Confirm that they have an in-house service department dedicated only to servicing their products. If they don’t, you will be forced to get in line with hundreds of other people to get your tub serviced.
- Take your time to explore what’s available in the market. Find a dealer that offers a quality brand from a recognized manufacturer and has its own service department with factory certified technicians.
Backyard Spas at Imagine Backyard Living
Before you buy, visit Imagine Backyard Living, the #1 Volume Single Store Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs & Sundance® Spas Dealer in the World and winner of the Excellence in Customer Service Award from both manufacturers 5 years in a row. Looking for the best hot tub for your lifestyle? In need of new and improved hot tub accessories? Visit our showroom today.