As we enter early fall, the heat can still linger. Here’s to looking forward to the cooler days ahead. Get out and take advantage of the changing weather and make the most of the season.
- Hit the pool! Not only is swimming a great way to exercise, the water can refresh both your mind and body. Take advantage now before it’s too cool!
- Outdoor showers are a fun way to enjoy the essence of mother nature by showering in the elements.
- Add ice to your spa for a special cold treat to shock your senses and jolt you out of the summer heat haze.
- Try out new cocktail or mocktail recipes to sip poolside as a way to jazz up the evenings. Think about seasonal ingredients like melons and other fruits!
- Eat large salads instead of cooking elaborate meals. This is a great way to keep your kitchen cool and avoid that over-full sensation after a rich or heavy meal.
- Blast your fans as a way to get the air moving around you. When combined with a dip in the pool, the circulation of air can help decrease your body temperature and enable you to spend more time outdoors.
- Seek out shade. At Imagine Backyard Living, we love the sun but understand that it has its time and place. With pergolas, arbors, and other covered patios, finding a nice spot in the shade to relax can help you tolerate the heat.
- Morning and evenings are the best time to take advantage of the beautiful Arizona desert and during the summer these are the times when the temperature drop slightly. We recommend early morning or nighttime swim sessions to capture the spirit of the summer season.